Data Analytics Essentials
Data Analytics Essentials for Today's Healthcare Organization
February 18 & 25; March 3 & 10, 2016
12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Live, interactive, online sessions using Webex
Worm Rate Deadline: Dec. 18/15; Early-Bird Rate Deadline: Jan. 22/16
Instructor - Trevor Strome - Healthcare Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Quality Improvement Specialist
Healthcare analytics is the system of tools, techniques, and people required to consistently and reliably generate accurate, validated, and trustworthy business and clinical insight. This series will focus on providing participants with the essential knowledge required to better utilize healthcare data and analytics for informing administrative and clinical decision-making. In the sessions, participants will learn what healthcare analytics is, and how analytics tools and techniques can be leveraged to improve healthcare quality and performance improvement initiatives.
The four sessions of the series are:
- Introduction to Healthcare Analytics
- Numeric and Data Literacy
- Quality and Performance Improvement with Analytics
- Advanced Analytics (Machine Learning, Simulation, Visualization, etc..)
- Learning how analytics can enable a more efficient, more effective, less expensive, and safer healthcare system.
- Recognizing the role and value of different analytical tools and approaches (ranging from spreadsheets and dashboards to advanced tools such as simulation and machine learning).
- Understanding how big data principles (volume, velocity, and variety) are changing how data is analyzed and used in healthcare clinical and administrative decision-making.
- Choosing the optimal display approach for visualizing healthcare data to most appropriately and accurately communicate the results of an analysis or insight to the intended audience.
Who Should Attend
- Executives and professionals involved in/interested in overseeing, developing, understanding, managing and integrating information systems in organizations:
- Health Care: Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Chief Technology Officers (CTOs), Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Performance Managers, Directors/Managers of Clinical Informatics/IT/Data, Health Systems Managers, Decision Support Staff, Operations Staff.
- Government: Policy Analysts, Data Quality Analysts.
- Analytics Software & Service Providers: Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Chief Technology Officers (CTOs), Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Consultants, Business Information Architects, Business Development Directors/Managers, Data Analysts, Program Officers, Project Officers.
- Professionals seeking an understanding of healthcare analytics.
- Students interested in a career in healthcare analytics.
- Quality improvement experts.
- Information technology professionals.
Cancellation & Refunds
Become a NIHI Colleague
Request to be a NIHI Colleague
Become a Student Colleague
Request to be a student (NSF) colleague
Find an Expert
Search NIHI Colleagues
Search Student Colleagues
Applied Health Informatics
Learning and Assessment Site
Click Here to try it out!
Canadian University and College Programs in Health Informatics and Health Information Management
See the latest survey!
2015-2016 Edition (PDF)
Click Here to View