Segment 4: Current Controversies in Health Care, Health Informatics and eHealth
Click Here to Register for On Demand
This series will focus on present day controversies impacting health care, Health Informatics and eHealth. We are in a time of increasing use of IT health care. We are seeing major challenges such as the rise of chronic diseases. How do we resolve differing priorities? What role does politics play in healthcare delivery? Where has the use of Health Informatics been successful? Where has it failed? This information is important for your understanding of the issues and challenges that affect health care delivery and how you can prepare for the evolution of health, medicine and the health system. Topics covered will include:
- Conflicting priorities between prevention/public health and high-tech rescue medicine.
- How the politics of healthcare play out between the federal government & provinces, between providers & funders and among provider disciplines.
- Healthcare challenges for special groups of citizens – those with chronic illness, on waiting lists and marginalized populations.
- Give an understanding of the difference between illness & disease
- Key Canadian examples of Health Informatics successes and failures.
- What you can do to prepare to help IT support today’s health needs and some of those expected in the near future
Become a NIHI Colleague
Request to be a NIHI Colleague
Become a Student Colleague
Request to be a student (NSF) colleague
Find an Expert
Search NIHI Colleagues
Search Student Colleagues
Applied Health Informatics
Learning and Assessment Site
Click Here to try it out!
Canadian University and College Programs in Health Informatics and Health Information Management
See the latest survey!
2015-2016 Edition (PDF)
Click Here to View