Introduction to Terminology Services
October 8, 2015
12:00 - 2:00 PM ET
Live, interactive, online sessions using Webex
Worm Rate Deadline: Sep. 11; Early-Bird Deadline: Sep. 18
Cancellation & Refunds
In Partnership with CHIMA. Session is worth 2.0 HIM-CPE credits.
Instructor: Sharilyn Kmech, Director, Provincial Standards, HIM, Alberta Health Services
Terminology services are a combination of the processes, people, technology, and governance required to enable the adoption, selection, and management of clinical terminologies. This session will give a general introduction to terminology services. While this session will not provide specific direction for the actual implementation of a terminology service, the presenter will share the methodology used by one province in creating the strategy for a health system-wide terminology service.
- To develop awareness of the need for and benefits of clinical terminologies and a centralized terminology service.
- To build an understanding of the stakeholders who should be involved in the process.
- To gain knowledge from the shared experience of one province in building a provincial strategy for a terminology service.
- Health care and other health service clinicians and administrators involved in eHealth/Informatics projects
- IT professionals
- Health Information Management professionals
- Anyone wanting to broaden their understanding of terminology management services
Canadian Health Information Management Association
National Institutes of Health Informatics