- To enable privacy and security officers and others to demonstrate to executives, clients, patients, staff and other stakeholders that the organization is taking effective measures to protect personal information.
- To provide privacy professionals and those responsible for privacy in an organization with the skills, knowledge and tools needed to fulfill legal and corporate privacy obligations.
- To provide security professionals and those responsible for security in an organization with the skills, knowledge and tools needed to implement and manage a comprehensive health information security program.
- To provide key knowledge and skills towards becoming a privacy or a security officer.
- To create a professional community and network of trained privacy and information security professionals in healthcare.