April 24-25, 2014
Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario
The Condensed Edition Bootcamp is a 2-day, intensive, highly interactive on-site course introducing key concepts, issues and applications in Applied Health Informatics and eHealth followed by the optional Online Bootcamp. The Online Bootcamp includes a monthly interactive web Q&A and discussion session with the Bootcamp instructor for the following 7 months and access to over 100 hours of recorded presentations.
Why Attend the Bootcamp?
Healthcare information services professionals, IT professionals in health organizations and industry, e-health staff, and healthcare providers can all benefit from attending this course.
- The Bootcamp gives an excellent overview of Health Informatics and eHealth applications.
- It includes interactive learning sessions and great networking opportunities.
- You can deepen your learning by continuing with the Online Bootcamp which offers 100 + hours of video presentations on additional HI topics by experts in the field and monthly discussion sessions.
- mHealth & eHealth in Home and Community Care
- Online Self-Management Systems for Chronically Ill Patients
- Evaluation in Health Care: A Practical Guide
- Apps and Technogy Innovation in Canadian Healthcare
- Attend AppsforHealth afternoon sessions.
Recognition and Credits
People who successfully complete the onsite Bootcamp received a certificate which includes the number of continuing education hours attended by the participant.
The Bootcamp is an approved program for CME credits (18 Mainpro-M1 credits, 18 Section 1) and 22 CPE HIM credits.
until February 28, 2014
March 1 - 31, 2014
April 1 -23, 2014
(Onsite & Online)
|Bootcamp-Lite (Onsite Only)
More Registration Options: Click here
Call Us Toll Free: 1-800-860-7901
Send Us An Email: Click Here
Instructor and Invited Speakers
About the Bootcamp
Content and Curriculum
Who Should Attend
About The Online Bootcamp
Organizers and Instructors
About the Bootcampers
National Institutes of Health Informatics (NIHI)
In Conjunction with Apps for Health and Hacking Health Hamilton
Official Media Sponsors:
Canadian Healthcare Manager
Canadian Healthcare Technology
Healthcare Information Management & Communications Canada
Longwoods Publishing Corporation
Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
COACH - Canada's Health Informatics Association
Past Bootcamper Comments
Very glad I attended! ... Speakers were excellent and topics covered a good range... Looking forward to learning more in the online portion. Thanks for the great experience!
- Spring 2013 UW Bootcamper
Presented great information. I learned a lot, especially on new innovations & practices...
- Fall 2012 Toronto Bootcamper
Excellent opportunity to network; eye opener! Motivating and informative.
- Fall 2011 Winnipeg Bootcamper
Coming from the IT side of Health Care - it is interesting to see/hear how much technology assists in healthcare. We "know" about it but talking about it here shows how vast it is used in everything.
- Spring 2010 UW Bootcamper
Definitely met expectations. I was looking for an overview/details on Health Informatics to provide more background on the Healthcare industry as it relates to my role & this course was great at doing so.
- Fall 2009 York Bootcamper