Our approach to curriculum development involves the following
- Define and characterize present and future Applied Health
Informatics macro-roles (major job roles or positions).
• e.g., CIO, Director, Analyst, Internal Consultant, etc.
- Characterize the Challenges faced by Applied Health Informaticians in performing these roles.
• e.g., IT/IM Strategic Planning, Procurement.
- For each challenge, determine the micro-roles (sub-functions or
tasks) Applied Health Informaticians must perform to address these challenges.
- For each micro-role, identify the skills, knowledge and experience (competencies) that will give the Applied Health Informatician the required capabilities to succeed.
• Groups of related competencies are called competency categories.
- Define a curriculum that imparts the skills, knowledge, and