Health Informatics Bootcamp 2
The 12 Challenges in Advancing eHealth
January 20, 27; February 3, 10, 17 & 24; March 2, 2016
12:00 - 2:00 PM ET - 7 live, interactive, online sessions using Webex
Worm Rate Deadline: November 23 (Extended!); Early-Bird Deadline: December 18
Bootcamp 2 is an online intensive, highly interactive course which focuses on the 12 key challenges in advancing eHealth.
Based on our widely acclaimed Bootcamp program, Bootcamp 2 is new...new concept, new content, new format. However, the program provides all of the Original Bootcamp content through our online library.
►The Bootcamp begins with participants viewing 4 videos that introduce eHealth and Health Informatics, and describe some of the most significant basic challenges that prevent or delay our realization of the positive effects of eHealth.
►This will be followed by 7 live online sessions which feature round table discussion. These live discussion sessions will be led by Canada's leading experts in eHealth and clinical informatics, Prof. Dominic Covvey & Dr. Tom Rosenal. They consider eHealth challenges from the technology, management, fiscal, policy, psychosocial and clinical perspective.
►Access and guidance to the extensive online Bootcamp library material - one of the largest eHealth video libraries in Canada with presentations by leading experts in Health Informatics, eHealth and health technology - will be available for the participants to delve into for greater understanding.
►Participants who successfully complete the live online sessions of Bootcamp 2 will receive a certificate of participation with 14 CPE credits (14 HIM CPE credits for CHIMA members).
►Participants will receive an additional certificate for successful completion of the follow-up part of the Bootcamp. Each participant will take one of the challenges and prepare a written report (after completing the online archive) of the challenge/problem and possible solution(s) within the subsequent 6 months. These reports will be reviewed and commented on by the instructors. Upon successful completion of the report, the participant will be awarded the follow-up certificate.
Who Should Attend
Organizers and Instructors
About the Bootcampers
The 12 Challenges
- Recognizing and Understanding Complexity
- Responding to and Addressing Complexity
- Change Management
- Adapting Technology to Human Aspects
- Contracts, Particularly Government Contracts
- Software Tools
- Completing Competent Evaluations
- Valuing Solutions Developed Elsewhere
- Using and Managing Consultants
- Applying Usability Analysis
- Adequate and Appropriate Protection of Patient Privacy
- In Depth and Life-long Learning to Gain Competence
Click here for the article these 12 challenges originated from titled
"eHealth Doublespeak – Enteric Coating for our Problems"
by the instructor Dominic Covvey.
Focus and Format
- Understanding the key challenges associated with eHealth
- Examining issues from all key perspectives
- Focusing on critical thinking
- Learning rather than teaching focus
- Participating as a teacher
- Discussing in a round-table format
- Experiencing the teacher as a mentor and remediator of misunderstandings
- Driving knowledge acquisition and navigation through personal interest
- Learning from the crowd
National Institutes of Health Informatics (NIHI)
Official Media Sponsors
Canadian Healthcare Manager
Canadian Healthcare Technology
Healthcare Information Management & Communications Canada
Longwoods Publishing Corporation
Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
Canadian Nursing Informatics Association (CNIA)
COACH - Canada's Health Informatics Association